ROAR could not exist without the generosity of our donors. Every dollar raised provides care, medical services and an opportunity for an animal to have a second chance at a new life. ROAR is an all volunteer organization and does not have any paid employees.
Expenses related to rescue, foster care, veterinary care and placement significantly exceed the money raised through adoption fee donations. We hope to rescue more animals in need, but the costs go up proportionately. For example, heartworm treatment costs $500 and a dental cleaning with extractions can cost $200. Often we do not know the dog needs these treatments until they enter our rescue.
Your gift allows us to help unwanted animals when they have run out of time. Our heartfelt thanks for your support of our rescue.
There are many items that are great value to the Rescue. The following items are always needed, in the order of importance:
• Dog/Puppy food
• Pet Taxi Carriers (needed for transporting dogs)
• Leashes, Collars and Harnesses
• Crates, exercise pens (used or new)
• Piddle Pads for housebreaking
• Toys, Food Dishes, Water Buckets
• Flea Treatment (Such as Advantage or Frontline)
• Sheets of vinyl flooring
• Cash donations are always needed and can be used towards veterinary services,
on-going medications or for and other costs regularly encountered by the rescue.